EternalWings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EternalWings

Not Just Any Other Server.

Home0_oLatest imagesRegisterLog in
EternalWings v15 has returned! Click here to get started and download EternalWings!

Share | 

Bad news to the extreme!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xBMIx

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Spamme11
xBMIx

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:12 am

WhatsRandoM wrote:
xBMIx wrote:
Either that or.... They screwed around with the server and somehow broke it (Yea the idiot i told ya'll about did!) and they are not giving a refund cuz they dont have money right now (Nahh they are just some rich as*ies that dont want to give any of their cash) or something (like they have a grandma that needs immediate care, thats gonna be the next probably from David Bitchet a.k.a excuuuseee), or.... they are douchbags (We knew that xP)

either of those (more like All of Those/A Few)
i guess this got fixed xd

i really was only reading this page and some of the last xd
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 God10
Zairuen

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:13 pm

StarGazer wrote:
What the hell, do you guys ACTUALLY believe them? Surely if it's such a big company, they'll have insurance for fire, and if anything they should able to give you a refund because that's violating the actually proper laws. Don't know about Netherlands, but in Ireland it's violating the 'Sale of Goods and Supplies of Services Act 1980' and I bet other countries have this law too.

I think this is a big scam, I googled and saw nothing about a big fire, you should check other servers if they have the big problem, I think they are specially scamming us.

How can anyone believe this? General Manager, Maple-Hosting. If anything, that's screams out SCAM!!!

@Isaac, if anything, ask them to take a picture of the burnt down place and send it to you, and if they ask why, say the server people don't believe you and they want something like 'SS OR DIDN'T HAPPEN'

I really don't think there was a 'fire' it burned down, seems like a big scam to me. But do please ask for a picture, and can you PM me the David B's email address? I really want to do something about this.

Well, you know what they say: great minds think alike.
I've considered this, and have done similar searches a few days back. I have found no evidence supporting them.

They've been growing rapidly; so fast that they probably temporarily lost more than they gained, due to high demand. Asking for an image as proof, however, had not occurred to me. Thanks xD

Also, I don't want to give you his email- it's bad enough that superdigital got involved.

I'll try to deal with this myself. Don't wanna put anyone else's pride on the line.

Edit: my response email:
an awesome person wrote:
Dear David B.,

I'm afraid to inform you that I have had a sudden change of heart. Not
only am I completely disappointed by how terrible the support has been
for the last month, having 20 days of downtime, $40 worth of hosting
time, but I will not accept this until I have solid proof. I have a
lot to defend, and I won't be shaken by some scheme to save money.
Also you'll have to forgive me if this is a false accusation, but
until then, I want  an explanation:

1. Why is your product with the highest demand coincidentally the only
one effected?
2. Why did my friend, who is also using a windows vps from you, not
receive a similar email, even though the vps machine is down?
3. How come no matter how thoroughly I comb the Internet for details,
I can never find anything related to a fire in the evoswitch
datacenter in holland?
4. How is this situation even possible considering the onlying I found
when I googled "evo datacenter fire" was Information on your high tech
fire protection system, and your argon flame suppression thing?

Finally, I want a picture of a burnt part of the datacenter, for proof.

Sincerely,
You suspecting customer, Isaac.
On Friday, November 26, 2010, David B. @ Maple Hosting
Back to top Go down
Felix

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Newb-1

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Looks good to me Isaac, course i have no experice in legal matters, so idk. But it seems very well worded and phrased so it wont be too offending. I say they are lying scum, but w/e. If they have a picture, which i doubt, then i'll never say a bad word against them again.
Back to top Go down
striking fire

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 RespectedMember-1
striking fire

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Very well written, Isaac. And I have high standards of formal writing(goddam advanced placement[gifted] english course...)
Back to top Go down
Fokea

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Gamema10
Fokea

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:30 pm

an awesome person wrote:
Dear David B.,

I'm afraid to inform you that I have had a sudden change of heart. Not
only am I completely disappointed by how terrible the support has been
for the last month, having 20 days of downtime, $40 worth of hosting
time, but I will not accept this until I have solid proof. I have a
lot to defend, and I won't be shaken by some scheme to save money.
Also you'll have to forgive me if this is a false accusation, but
until then, I want  an explanation:

1. Why is your product with the highest demand coincidentally the only
one effected?
2. Why did my friend, who is also using a windows vps from you, not
receive a similar email, even though the vps machine is down?
3. How come no matter how thoroughly I comb the Internet for details,
I can never find anything related to a fire in the evoswitch
datacenter in holland?
4. How is this situation even possible considering the only thing I found
when I googled "evo datacenter fire" was Information on your high tech
fire protection system, and your argon flame suppression thing?

Finally, I want a picture of a burnt part of the datacenter, for proof.

Sincerely,
You suspecting customer, Isaac.
On Friday, November 26, 2010, David B. @ Maple Hosting

That's my only change to it. At first I thought it was too harsh, then I read it again. There's no reason why asking for more proof could do any harm... Unless, that is, that this IS a scam. "Unexplained fire" is used in SO many fraud cases, it's really hard to not be suspicious. Yes, this is definitely something they need to receive.

There are 3 possible scenarios:
1) You keep you mouth shut and don't get a refund or explanation.
2) You write a strongly worded letter, piss them off, and don't get a refund or explanation.
3) You write a strongly worded letter and actually get useful information and possibly a refund.

So yeah, you may get turned down, but at least it's a step forward from where we were. At least then we know that our suspicions can be confirmed.
Back to top Go down
StarGazer

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Spamme10
StarGazer

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:40 am

But they have broken the actual law, if they don't provide service for the money given, no matter what the circumstances of the company is, you have to provide that service. I even want to take this to the Small Claims Court D<

You should've asked about the insurance for fire, every building that is involved with business, even a small shop is required to have an insurance for fire.

Well I'm interested to see what the response is, let's see if they come up with a good excuse, and see if they get their so-called 'burnt down VPS place' picture copy & pasted from the Internet.
Back to top Go down
deerey

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Nolife10
deerey

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:01 am

Lol I like how everyone ignored what I said *sigh*
Back to top Go down
xXColoursXx

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Member1
xXColoursXx

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:14 am

*speechless-ness*
Back to top Go down
superdigital

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Donator1
superdigital

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:09 am

ok! i got a reply yesterday!(didnt notice)

Dear (name) (me)
We would like to confirm that our Netherlands datacenter has suffered a fire.
This has been published to our customers. Appropriate images if such will be required will be published in the following weeks.

Thank you.

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 13:42,

i did NOT offend them in anyway(just so u know)
Back to top Go down
WhatsRandoM

WhatsRandoM

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:39 am

Yay for a few weeks to get the most realistic photo edit made and then give it to clear suspicion, they could just use normal cam and get an amateur picture made and send it. That'd alrdy remove lots of doubt. Halfly
Back to top Go down
WhatsRandoM

WhatsRandoM

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:42 am

SpitPhyre wrote:
Oh gawd.

This is an e-mail I received earlier today:

David B. wrote:
Dear Isaac,

My name is "David Berman" and I'm a general manager here in Maple-Hosting.
Thank you for your understanding,
David B.
General Manager,
Maple-Hosting.

Nomather how i enter it Maple-hosting David Berman or shit, nothing shows I mean as General Manager you must have something on some site, I find this disturbing, can you guys find anything? I mean according to your post its some big company, well how come a general manager isn't on a google search? only poems and stuff show.
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Zairuen

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 am

Hmmmm....
Right, no response yet.

anyways, it's funny that he used the name David Berman, because it's apparently a really common name... What I got when I googled him:

Quote :
Searches related to david berman

david berman hedge fund
david berman interview
david berman webex
david berman poems
dr. david berman
silver jews < What?
david berman physics
david berman globe and mail

Anyways, here's what happens if they give photo proof (with only one photo):

"Dear David B.,
It is good that you have proof for this much, and sorry for being suspicious. However, one more security measure; If it really is burned down, it should be relatively easy to get photos, as it it right there. Therefore, I would like to see at least 4 more images all from different angles just to avoid any fraud. Again, I do not wish to offend you, I am simply protective.

P.S. What about fire insurance? Isn't that somewhat of a factor as well?"
Back to top Go down
superdigital

superdigital

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:36 am

maybe he was overconfident and didnt pay for fire insurance o.o

o and when will we be getting a new host? Very Happy
1st:)~31st:( december > next year? q.q
Back to top Go down
StarGazer

StarGazer

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:58 am

Lol, even small shops are required to have a fire insurance o-o
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Zairuen

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:49 pm

I dunno when ._.

I hope frantech have new stock soon.

But probably within two weeks max.
Back to top Go down
superdigital

superdigital

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

yay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Zairuen

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:44 am

Odear Neutral
No news :O
Back to top Go down
StarGazer

StarGazer

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Looks like we're not the only ones having this problem.

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 29y2mox

And this is the Terms & Conditions-
Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 2lk44k6

My spider sense tells me that this is BS.

And the funny thing is, there is absolutely no mention of the fire accident in the main hosting website, I'm going to need the proof of that the place burnt down..
Back to top Go down
darwiggly

darwiggly

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Wow......

Looks like theres been problems.....

Btw havent been on cause my internets gone atm (my neighbour finally started hating that there internet was slow cause i was stealing it so im stuck on my phone again)
Back to top Go down
superdigital

superdigital

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:54 am

those cheap **** probably bought an old computer with no cooling system and overworked it so it started a fire!
Back to top Go down
WhatsRandoM

WhatsRandoM

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:26 pm

superdigital wrote:
those cheap **** probably bought an old computer with no cooling system and overworked it so it started a fire!

Maybe..

But, according to themselves *goes to their site and copy+pastes*

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Zairuen

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Well their computers just burned down. What an apparently cutting edge technological fire protection system.
Back to top Go down
Fokea

Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Gamema10
Fokea

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm

I like how specific that is...

"datacenter fire"

Really? Something is fishy.
I haven't done any research on any of this yet, but I don't have to. I can tell just by the lack of proof that something is up.

Jay, is this company a large organization or just a small building with inexperienced staff working in it? Large organizations don't tend to scam just one customer. There's no point. I still think something's up.

I don't know. I'm tired, can't think. Hmm
Back to top Go down
superdigital

superdigital

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:58 am

maple hosting is kinda big... i think...
go to their website o.o
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Zairuen

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 am

*UPDATE*

Some random sucker wrote:
Dear Isaac Day,

We are sorry to read that you are disappointed with our services.

1. The fire took place in the Netherlands datacenter - the Windows VPS are hosted there, the other services are hosted in the Atlanta datacenter.

2. We sent this email to all customers with an active Windows VPS - if he did not get this please let us know his full name or email and we will make sure he gets it.

3 & 4. Datacenters have reputation to preserve and as advanced as the datacenter's fire protection system is, these type of things can happen and will only be published in limited media to the customers concerning it.
An investigation is being held for the cause of the fire. Luckily, no people were physically injured in the fire.

We expect to have pictures of the damaged servers in three weeks. Please re-open this ticket at that time.

Thank you.

Instant problems:
They are investigating the cause of the fire. Not how to capture the fires photogenic side.
Why 3 weeks? Isn't that about how long it would take for a group of professionals to prepare some shopp'd images of a burned down datacenter?
Fire investigations don't go that way. I've seen on google street view, there's not much "tinder" around there, if you know what I mean. This leaves only a few possibilities:
1. No fire, just trying to come up with a reasonable answer - Likely. Is there anyone in the netherlands that could go verify for us?
2. A computer overheated really badly and sparked a fire - This can't be proven, as now all of their computers are burnt.
3. A storm was going on and lightning sparked a fire - Unlikely, as they would realize this was the case if there was a storm.
4. The game. - Plausible. No evidence yet.
6. A gas leak. - Doubt it. They probably cut the gas lines, as they're unneeded in a datacenter.
7. Arson - But now that all the evidence is burned, it's impossible to tell if it is so, and who it was if it is so.
8. They realized I didn't put a number 5 on this list and someone rage-burned it.
9. They then decided to look intently at the numbering from now on and burned it by staring too intently.
10. They got mad at me for predicting exactly what they would do in number 9 and burned my VPS, triggering a mass fire.

Okay, here's the significant ones:
No fire - Computer overheated - Storm - Arson
And here's why it's useless:
They would never admit it, so nothing can come out of it - They can't tell, now that they're all burned - They would know by now - No proof due to lack of evidence.

So we can rule out a storm.

That leaves:
No fire - Computer overheated - Arson

Then there's the fact that they know that if there was a computer that overheated, they wouldn't say, because then they would end up with a bad reputation. For the risk of a failure as well as poor quality of product.

So here's my estimation of probibility:
No fire - Extremely likely
Arson - Somewhat unlikely
Computer overheated - Very unlikely
Others - Extremely unlikely

Of course, when I say they can't find out, there are still ways. This is just what meets the eye.

I will now write a reply to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news to the extreme!   Bad news to the extreme! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad news to the extreme!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EternalWings :: Announcements :: Server Announcements-