EternalWings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EternalWings

Not Just Any Other Server.

Home0_oLatest imagesRegisterLog in
EternalWings v15 has returned! Click here to get started and download EternalWings!

Share | 

Development

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Development   Development Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 am

I'll put this here because people care, and I'll make a new post on it every time I add something new. I'm locking this post but if you have admin privileges, don't reply, it makes the post sloppier.

Total sound overhaul:
New songs - 100%
Hex editing the new songs to put it into sound.wz - 0%
New custom sound playing system -40%
Sound NPC - 0%

Custom Stories:

Commands:
Player commands - 100% ready for release (Subject to more additions)
GM commands - 100% ready for release (Subject to more additions)

Last edited by SpitPhyre on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brian

Development Spamme10
Brian

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:41 pm

*replies anyway but doesn't know what to write* Rolling Eyes
keep up the good work lol
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah nevermind the whole "Don't post here" bullcrap. Like hell it'll keep it more organized. People can figure it out Surprised

Mkay, I will. By the way brian, do you ever check any sort of messenger, ever? Just wondering. I sent you an offline message on MSN a while ago, wondering if you ever checked MSN. I expected not.

I kinda don't anymore either.
Back to top Go down
Brian

Development Spamme10
Brian

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Wow you gave up that organization pretty quickly. Surprised
No I don't check any sort of messenger, ever. I just logged into msn after a really long time. I don't think I got an offline message? It probably deletes after a while though. If you need me, etc...., the best way to reach me would be my email. (Find that out with the admin panel or just go to my profile and click email.)
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Hm, alright. But who needs you? :p

Also I decided I'd rather see people's input than keep the organization to such a high degree. Who even cares? I can just post an update then edit the main post.

Anyways, more updates comping when [fuck homework]
Back to top Go down
Brian

Development Spamme10
Brian

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Hmm you have a point lol. Well idk what that msn message was and since you brought it up I thought it was important? Guess I was wrong bounce

User input is always nice. Just wondering though, why are you doing so much with just sound?
Back to top Go down
xBMIx

Development Spamme11
xBMIx

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 am

Because i woke up to his request of soundtracks and sent him probably above 600 of them.
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 am

Why sound? I've realized that the challenge in making EW, is that EW needs to be a lot more than MapleStory. Maplestory isn't really fun for most of us, and that's because it's mainly grinding and the quests are all grind quests, it's just lots of monotony and short bursts of "fun" moments, if even those. On the other hand, sound is something constant and something that most people can enjoy, so giving people never-before-seen possibilities with music in maplestory (I'll explain in detail when I have more time to write a post), as well as many genres and new choices of music in the game, it'll make every moment more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
High On Music

Development Nolife10

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Development Th_1
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:52 pm

So here's the idea I'm fostering:

A system to customize which songs play when and where, and greatly increase the selection of music.

Here's what I'm thinking:
You'll have an NPC accessible by command @music, or something like that, which will give you three options:

1. Jukebox
2. Replace song for this map
3. Replace song

The first option would be... Well, a jukebox. It would be handy for finding the new songs you like and would want to listen to regularly.

The second selection would allow you to replace the song in the map you are currently in with any song available through the jukebox, that way you could play a different song in the map you go to the most than the default one, without needing to do any WZ editing. For example, I really like the song in the future ereve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RCDa6qo6w
I would want to play that by default in a map I visit a lot - say, henesys (unfitting lol). So, I'd choose that song while in henesys, and there you go. That song, always. Of course, you'd have the option to remove or change the song - Or, make it a random song between a few you choose whenever you enter the map.

The third selection would allow you to basically do the same as the above, but on any map that by default plays the song on the map you're in. For example, I could go to the outskirts of ellinia, use the third option, and select a song from ellin forest, and every map in ellinia outskirts that normally plays the song in the map I chose would instead play that song from ellin. From there, I could choose the third option again and add a second song from a different part of ellin, and as soon as I entered an area with the ellinia outskirts song, it would have a 50-50 chance of playing either song - but changing between maps with that song wouldn't have a chance to switch songs, otherwise you could end up with just the beginning of each song a few times if you move around a lot, and that would be annoying.

Any map customized with the second option would take priority over the third option, so say I'm in henesys hunting grounds and I replaced all the songs with the henesys market song, but I replaced henesys hunting ground 2 with a standalone song using option 2, Henny hunting ground 2 would still change to the song configured, whereas the other hunting grounds would have the other song(s).
Back to top Go down
RPG

Development Spamme11
RPG

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 1:20 pm

can i get a command that forces some1 to hear some kinda song? or have jail play a song i like...heh that'll teach 'em.....anyway if you'd do that for me it would be really heavy metal of you....err awesome of you.

like this, obviously : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-3pHsAIUy4

or even : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEoMI9BwHp4

but not this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkWWx0YSyM0
Back to top Go down
xBMIx

Development Spamme11
xBMIx

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 pm

MORE MUSIC!
Back to top Go down
RPG

Development Spamme11
RPG

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:56 am

alrighty then! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1d7Y07_6M&playnext=1&list=PLAF5E66CB10B3E177&feature=results_video

If its not obvious enough, i like Nadeko and her Circulation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vXmGyu3aUs&feature=BFa&list=PLAF5E66CB10B3E177

Maybe the person i hit with this 'command' will be cultured and up to day with trendy songs : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiHOAT6SNAA

Maybe their into things like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-23lC53fw&feature=related

There is something for every1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGGh_NMBAk0&feature=BFa&list=PL8892947721508DF2

No matter who they are, no matter how much they beg me not to, All will GET DUNK'D!

Spoiler:
Development W5cN2
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 am

RPG wrote:
can i get a command that forces some1 to hear some kinda song? or have jail play a song i like...heh that'll teach 'em.....anyway if you'd do that for me it would be really heavy metal of you....err awesome of you.

Yeah. !torture command for GMs, it would force the victim to listen to the song for a certain amount of time (!torture )... Changing maps or relogging wouldn't change it. Very Happy

Maximum time of 15 minutes just to be reasonable...
Back to top Go down
RPG

Development Spamme11
RPG

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Get Dunk'd

but u have to add one of my song suggestions, or 2.
Back to top Go down
xCATx

Development Newb-1
xCATx

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:19 am

Guys... I haven't played in awhile and want to start up again but the download links don't work...and since this is the most recently changed post I decided to voice my concerns here TY!

~the Cat.
Back to top Go down
xCATx

Development Newb-1
xCATx

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:19 am

oh and by awhile I mean like since the 1.5 first came out XD I wonder where Dere went...
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:39 am

News:
Shit's moving along nicely. I've been working on a handful of things, and as soon as I'm done with one of the bigger ones I'll make a video to demonstrate.
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 am

News:
When I got back from my famiry "vacation" (More like a hellhole of stress.), my internet was down for a few days, and my Java was not in the proper state to be able to test EW because I had played Minecraft once (Yeah, minecraft messes up servers Neutral), so I had to wait to have a shot at resuming. Now it's back, and I just now fixed Java, but I'm kinda engrossed with Assassin's Creed 3 right now, so, more news in a few days...
Yeah.
Back to top Go down
RPG

Development Spamme11
RPG

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:17 pm

.....no, youknow, go ahead, i doubt it will be done anytime soon anyway. your just like christy, u know im not gona leave so u do wat u want. just like christy. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm not kidding. I haven't even bothered logging back into steam since my vacation, I'm trying to lower my dependency on it since it's my biggest distraction, and coupled with my responsibilities that's why I don't get stuff done.
Back to top Go down
RPG

Development Spamme11
RPG

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Just.....Like.....Christy.....but its okay i love her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Zairuen

Development God10
Zairuen

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Who dafuq is christy.
Back to top Go down
RPG

Development Spamme11
RPG

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 pm

......"ling" "cupcake"....
Back to top Go down
RPG

Development Spamme11
RPG

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 am

Anyway.....how's it looking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Development Vide
PostSubject: Re: Development   Development Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Development

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EternalWings :: Announcements :: Server Announcements-